The Service Technician (Shop & Field) is responsible for repairs and maintenance on all trucks, equipment, and machinery to minimize cost and maximize production efficiency. Works closely with supervisors, other technicians, equipment operators, and truck drivers. Performs work in the shop, in the yard, or out in the field at various job site locations.
- Previous technician/mechanic experience is preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to interpret and apply verbal and/or written instructions in English.
Essential Job Functions:
- Troubleshoots problems, making economical and durable repairs.
- Disassembles and reassembles equipment using hoists, cranes, hand tools, etc.
- May drive company vehicles to obtain parts from local suppliers.
- Maintains and repairs heavy equipment, trucks, shop, and non-mobile equipment company wide.
- Services vehicles/equipment to include oil changes, greasing, adding fluids, changing filters, and maintaining preventative maintenance schedules.
- Troubleshoots and repairs electrical and hydraulic systems, diesel and gasoline engines, transmissions, drive trains, etc.
- Operates equipment to test repairs and diagnose problems.
- Orders parts and supplies. Maintains purchase orders and invoices. Operates computer for job functions.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Operates forklift to move heavy items as needed.
- May operate heavy equipment and trucks as needed for testing purposes if trained. The employer provides training.
- Examines parts for damage and excessive wear. Fabricates and repairs parts and materials for maintenance and repair purposes.
- Performs stick welding/wire feed welding and air arcing if trained.