The Superintendent is responsible for the management of the entire construction job site. Will oversee building operations at various residential, commercial, and/or industrial job site locations. This position works under the direct supervision of the Project Manager and Vice President of the building division.
- Previous construction and Foreman/Supervisory experience
- Understanding of construction industry practices, processes, and standards, including but not limited to:
- Quality Control
- Cost Control
- Job Site Safety
- Building Codes
- Stud layout and rough framing
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Concrete, rough, and finish carpentry
- Knowledge of OSHA rules and regulations for construction
- Good math and analytical skills; Good communication skills
- Ability to teach others.
- Valid driver’s license and/or reliable means of transportation to job site locations.
- Ability to interpret and apply verbal and/or written instructions in English.
- Must provide own basic hand tools, however, the employer provides specialty tools and equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans the construction job site requirements. Orders required supplies/materials.
- Tracks job site production on a daily/weekly basis.
- Supervises, trains, guides, and directs job site Foreman and other crew workers.
- Provides excellent customer relations and works cooperatively with the Owner and Subcontractors.
- Oversees quality control and job site productivity.
- Keeps paperwork organized, including reports, receipts, shipping tickets, etc.
- Works directly with the Foreman for job site updates and progress.
- May assist with performing carpentry tasks as needed.
- Performs housekeeping and keeps work area clean throughout the project, and removes trash and debris.
- May assist with demolition duties of existing structures as needed.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- Operates forklift to move materials only if forklift trained/certified.
- May drive a company vehicle to run errands or pick up supplies as needed.
- Performs other duties as needed.
Physical Demand Classification:
- Superintendent is a Medium Duty job, according to the Selected Characteristics of Occupations Defined in the Revised Dictionary of Occupational Titles, U.S. Department of Labor and Industry. Medium Duty involves exertion of 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds continuously to move objects.