Apply TodayApply Today
The Bridge Superintendent is responsible for managing the entire construction operation of a project, often at multiple job site locations. This position works under the direct supervision of the Project Manager and Vice President of the civil division.
- 5+ years of experience as a Superintendent on bridge projects.
- Proficient in the civil construction process.
- Experience with bridge structures composed of a plate girder, concrete girder, and/or steel truss; founded on driven piling, drilled shafts, or spread footings is preferred.
- A comprehensive understanding of commercially available and wooden stick-built concrete forming systems
- Understanding of construction industry practices, processes, and standards, including but not limited to:
- Quality Control
- Cost Control
- Job Site Safety
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Knowledge of OSHA rules and regulations for construction
- Good math and analytical skills; Good communication skills
- Ability to teach others verbally and work alongside crews in the field.
- Valid driver’s license and/or reliable means of transportation to job site locations.
- Ability to interpret and apply verbal and/or written instructions in English.
Essential Job Functions:
- Planning construction job site requirements. Ordering the necessary supplies/materials.
- Tracking job site production on a daily/weekly basis.
- Supervising, training, guiding, and directing job Foreman and other crew workers.
- Creating and maintaining excellent working relationships and working cooperatively with project owners and subcontractors.
- Overseeing quality control and job site productivity.
- Maintaining documentation, including reports, receipts, shipping tickets, etc., in an organized fashion.
- Communicating directly with the Forman on job site updates and progress reports.
- Assisting with civil construction labor and tasks as needed.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- May drive a company vehicle to run errands or pick up supplies as needed.
- Performs other duties as needed.
Physical Demand Classification:
- Bridge Superintendent is a Medium Duty job, according to the Selected Characteristics of Occupations Defined in the Revised Dictionary of Occupational Titles, U.S. Department of Labor and Industry. Medium Duty involves exerting 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds continuously to move objects.