Apply TodayApply Today
The Accounting Technician performs a variety of general accounting and clerical duties, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, preparation of schedules and reports, and other related duties as assigned.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and 10 key entry.
- Degree in Accounting, Business, or other related fields preferred.
- Proficient communication, flexibility, ethical conduct, time management, and problem-solving./analysis skills.
- Must have initiative and be customer/client-focused
- Use of office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops and maintains office forms and procedures and assists with administrative tasks.
- Answers central telephone system and directs calls accordingly.
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval before payment.
- Operates listed office machines as required.
- Acts as liaison between corporate and branch accounts payable departments.
- Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets, and corporate accounts payable files.
- AP invoice entry.
- Credit card entry.
- Assembles and processes overnight shipments to branches.
- Assists in monthly closings.
- Monitors equipment registration when necessary.
- Reconcile AR invoices and payments to customer billing.
- Prepare various schedules, reports, and spreadsheets.
- Equipment usage and maintenance reporting.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- May perform other duties as needed.
Physical Demand Classification:
- Accounting Technician is a Light Duty job, according to the Selected Characteristics of Occupations Defined in the Revised Dictionary of Occupational Titles, U.S. Department of Labor and Industry. Light Duty involves exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently to move objects.